Thursday, April 7, 2011

Point 4.) Exercise


You must be CONSISTENT! Keep going!  Make this routine into a lifestyle.

I want you to train properly in order to avoid injuries when you are exercising. Therefore, follow these steps when exercising:

1.      Warming up
2.      Stretch
3.      Exercise (followed by cooling down)
4.      Stretch


1.)    Warming up

It’s vital to warm up your muscle in order to prepare it for the upcoming strenuous exercise. Additionally, it makes loosen ups your muscle for stretching. 

A warm up should be light physical activity that simply elevates your heart and respiratory rate. Therefore blood and oxygen flow will easily flow to your muscle. This warm-up should take 5-10 minutes.

2.)     Stretching

Think of your muscle like a rubber band.  As a kid (or adult), have you ever stretched a rubber band to fling it in the air? When you regularly stretch your muscle, it gives your muscle flexibility, and strength (the farther you stretch the rubber band, the farther it flies). It also reduces the chances of injury.

Static stretching: This stretching allows you to focus on a specific (major) muscle.  Stretch slowly and cautiously when putting tension on that muscle.

There are other forms of stretching – dynamic and ballistic. I prefer static.

3.)    Exercising

Do the research to know the proper techniques. Talk to a trainer, read books, subscribe to a health magazine, look online for videos, etc.  I learned by working out with my friends who knew about strength training.

If you are going at a fast pace, then cool down. You don’t want your heart beat to be at a fast pace, and then slow down dramatically when you stop. Hence, you’ll reduce your heart beat by slowing down to cool off.

I’ve been training with weights for my upper body, hiking (stairs too) for my lower body, and jogging for my whole body. I also workout with chains, battle ropes, kettlebells, etc. at Innovative Results to keep my body guessing. MUSCLE CONFUSION! I will be adding swimming to my workout routine soon.

4.)    Final stretch

I like to stretch after I am done with my workout. Some of my friends do not. It’s up to you, but I like to do it.  Keep that body flexible!

No comments:

Post a Comment